I had a fun time last night watching websites roll out April Fools jokes.
- Hah! Add “&flip=1” to the end of the URL of any @YouTube video. Click “Tips for viewing the new layout” | #AprilFoolsDay
- Almost all of the front page of Wikipedia is a hoax: http://bit.ly/4htP2m | Except that there really IS a Museum of Bad Art.
- Headed to bed. Check in w/the good folks at http://aprilfoolsdayontheweb.com to track #AprilFoolsDay online tonight. Have fun!
This morning, I saw many more go live. Fun stuff, for the most part. You can see the hoaxes, pranks and faux sites go up , more or less in real-time, by watching the AprilFools hashtag on Twitter. Here’s what I found:
- Above! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s… @Amazon‘s new floating cloud computing blimps: http://tr.im/i5lE
- Priceless. More #socialmedia #AprilFools at http://smellr.com | Cewebrity cologne | via @sondernagle
- Cute “inside baseball” #socialmedia #AprilFools joke: Check out the “Reddigg” redesign at http://reddit.com | ZOMG! A Digg clone! :)
- More hilarity: check out the examples for the newest #Gmail feature, “AutoPilot.” http://is.gd/q1qq | #AprilFools (via @Attitude)
- The Guardian switching entire newspaper (including archives) to Twitter http://bit.ly/XmbNE | #AprilFools (via @kanter RT @jimmysixbellies)
- The Cognitive Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity (CADIE) awoke… The Singularity is here! http://bit.ly/1ZhSKt | @Google #AprilFoolsDay | Bandage your eyes: http://bit.ly/l3Uc2
I stopped tracking once I arrived in the office. I didn’t need to: @TechCrunch posted an EPIC list of 2009 #AprilFools hoaxes: http://is.gd/q24M | Stellar work, Michael.
One response to “Happy April Fools Day online! #AprilFools is fun in 2009.”
Pingback: The Guardian is Switching Completely to Twitter, Stopping the Printed Version! « Just words…